Bought with a Price: Click | View Series
1 Corinthians 6:19-20—"You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
He slays our sins at the cross. "You were bought with a price." Let us consider this argument, that we may find therein death for our sins.
WHAT THE REDEEMED SHOULD DO
"So glorify God in your body."
Glorify God in your body:
By cleanliness, chastity, temperance, industry, cheerfulness, self-denial, patience, etc.
- In a suffering body by patience unto death.
- In a working body by holy diligence.
- In a worshipping body by bowing in prayer.
- In a well-governed body by self-denial.
- In an obedient body by doing the Lord's will with delight.
Glorify God in your spirit:
By holiness, faith, zeal, love, heavenliness, cheerfulness, fervor, humility, expectancy.
Remember, O redeemed one, that:
- You will be closely watched by Christ's enemies.
- You will be expected to be more gracious than others and rightly so, since you claim to be Christ's own.
- If you are not holy, the sacred name of your Redeemer, your Proprietor, and your Indweller will be compromised.
- But if you live a redeemed life, your God will be honored.
Let the world see what Redemption can do.
Let the world see what sort of men "God's own" are.
Adapted from Charles Spurgeon's sermon notes, which are in the public domain.