Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Not Re-Inventing The Wheel

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ec. 1:9

I wanted to begin highlighting a few articles/devotionals I have been reading over the next few days. They have been powerful and effective at creating within me the beginnings of a repentant heart. I hope they will cause a similar work within you. The truth is, life is beginning to become increasingly busy and writing time is a bit short, so I thought I would do like a good SWO and simply cut & paste what others have written with my thoughts interspersed ;-)

* Remember the premise is: change the leader, change their sphere of influence. (For my part - I desire to influence the influencers, strategically imparting functional Gospel Truth to the military society's opinion-makers.) As Christians our intent is to change so as to reflect the image and character of Christ that we may change the environments in which we lead and the lives of those we influence. For the Christian change occurs through repentance. Repentance happens through accurate self-assessment in light of the Word of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Likewise, all change is a community project. Therefore, upon pondering the sin that inhibits us (and offends God), we then turn (i.e. repent) away from the root cause of the sin (not simply the action) toward the redemptive provisions afforded by the Gospel (which is to say submit them to the Lord, lay them at the foot of the Cross, in faith believe them to be forgiven, and depend on the the grace of Christ to create us anew as we are empowered by the Spirit unto sanctifying transformation). *

No comments:

Post a Comment